The app is open to parents in and around these cities and to local students from Wyndy-approved campuses. We plan to expand to additional cities and campuses soon.
As part of the application, all potential Wyndys must pass a basic background check, which is performed by a third party company, Checkr (www.checkr.com). Checkr validates the Wyndy’s identity using their Social Security Number. The sitter’s name and SSN are then checked against multiple databases.
There are two convenient ways to locate and book Wyndys. You can either post the job to the job board or offer a job directly to your list of favorite Wyndys.
Posting to the Job Board
Once you have created a job, you can post it to the job board. Wyndys will have access to the job board and can express interest in your job. You can see all of the Wyndys who have expressed interest in your job from the “Posted Jobs” tab off your Home Screen. When you are ready to book a Wyndy, you will select as few or as many of the Wyndys who have expressed interest, order them by preference, set a response time, and hit go. The app will then send a notification directly to your first preferred sitter asking her if she would like the job. If the first Wyndy accepts, the job is booked. If the first Wyndy declines or fails to respond in the allotted response time, the app will then send a notification directly to your second-preferred sitter and will continue this process until the job is booked or all of the interested Wyndys you selected have been contacted.
Offering Jobs to “My Wyndys”
On your Home Screen, you’ll have the option to either create a job or browse Wyndys. If you choose to browse, you can view all of the Wyndy profiles and filter by numerous criteria (including school, major, experience, and more). When you locate Wyndys you like, you can simply click on the star in their profiles to save them to your “My Wyndys” list. When you create a job, you can offer it directly to “My Wyndys” instead of posting it to the job board. You can select as few or as many “My Wyndys” as you like, order them by preference, set a response time, and hit go. The app will then send a notification directly to your first preferred sitter. If the first Wyndy accepts, the job is booked. If the first Wyndy declines or fails to respond in the allotted response time, the app will then send a notification directly to your second-preferred sitter and will continue this process until the job is booked or all of the interested Wyndys you selected have been contacted.
You can also connect with your parent friends on Wyndy to see the Wyndys they’ve used and the ratings they’ve given to Wyndys. Connecting with friends on Wyndy is a great way to find additional sitters to add to your list of “My Wyndys”.
Here’s a breakdown of what each star indicates:
1 star - Sally was terrible
2 stars - Sally was not good
3 stars - Sally was just ok
4 stars - Sally was good
5 stars - Sally was magical
We’ve received a lot of questions about the difference between a 4 and 5 star Wyndy. A four on our Wyndy scale indicates "good" and a five on our Wyndy scale indicates "magical.”
A Wyndy does not receive a public rating on Wyndy until they have completed and been rated for 4 jobs. We’ve found that parents have vastly different expectations and opinions about babysitters, and we want to gain an average rating before we make a rating public out of fairness to the Wyndys.
Some parents on Wyndy are reluctant to ever give out a five and some are very willing to. Please keep in mind that the longer a Wyndy works on the app, the harder it is to maintain a 5-star rating due to the subjectivity of ratings and the differences among families and what they desire in a Wyndy.
**We want to help great Wyndys get noticed by more families and get more job offers, so please do your Wyndys a favor and remember to rate them on your email receipt after the job.
Here are the steps in the application process:
1. Sign up - Go to www.wyndy.com/signup/sitters, hit “apply,” complete the Account Information, then hit “submit.”
2. Verify your email - After you hit “submit," you will need to confirm your .edu email address by clicking the link in the verification email we send you. If you do not receive this email within 2 hours of hitting “submit” on the Account Information screen, check your spam folder. If you're still having trouble, email [email protected]
3. Complete your application - Complete the remaining portion of the application, including your short video submission. Don't stress about the video. We will never post it anywhere public.
4. Complete your background check - If you are approved based on your initial application, you will receive an email with a link to the background check process, which you must complete before you can gain access to the Wyndy platform. If you do not receive this email within 24 hours of submitting your initial application, check your spam folder. If you're still having trouble, email [email protected]
5. Get ready to start work as a Wyndy! - Assuming you pass your background check, you will receive an email officially welcoming you to the Wyndy family. Get ready to make extra cash and show families that you are more than just a babysitter—you are a Wyndy.
All potential Wyndys must pass a basic background check, which is performed by a third party company, Checkr (www.checkr.com). Checkr validates your identity using your Social Security Number. Your name and SSN are then checked against multiple databases.
When you open the app, you can access the job board, which will show all of the available jobs in a calendar view. You can filter jobs by date, time, rate, distance to job, number and gender of children, and more. You can notify parent users if you are interested in their job, and they can offer you the job. If a parent offers you a job, you will receive an in-app notification and an email with the offer. Each notification will contain a response time which the parents will set. If you do not respond to the job offer within the allotted response time, the job will be offered to another Wyndy.
Parents also have the ability to browse Wyndy profiles, create a “My Wyndys” list, and offer jobs directly to those Wyndys. If you receive a job offer from a parent for a job that is not on the job board, it means that a parent has added you to their “My Wyndys” list. Parents can also connect with other parents on Wyndy to see the Wyndys their friends have used and the ratings their friends have given them. By doing a good job for one parent, you will immediately be recommended to all of the parent’s friends on Wyndy, which should help you receive more job offers in the future.
We do our best to balance the correct ratio of parents to sitters on Wyndy, but it’s not uncommon for a Wyndy to express interest in several jobs before getting booked. If you’re having trouble booking jobs, here are our best tips:
- Be sure to completely fill out your Wyndy profile with as much information as you can.
- Choose a clear profile image that just features you.
- Keep a close eye on the job board and try to express interest as soon as you see a job you’d like. Keep in mind that last-minute jobs are being posted often, especially on the weekends, and those jobs are typically filled within one hour of being posted. Weekend jobs are less competitive than jobs posted during the week, so the easiest way to get booked and meet a family is by working a job for them on the weekend. Once you work a job for one parent and do a great job, the app will promote you to that parent’s connections, which will help you book future jobs.
After you get booked and rated 4 times, your rating will show up when parents view your profile, so the app should naturally do the work for great Wyndys to help them get noticed even more. Sometimes booking the first few jobs is the hardest part! We’re seeing more parents joining and more jobs being posted every day, so keep expressing interest and hopefully you will get booked soon!
When you set up your Wyndy profile, you will provide either your Venmo account information or your bank account information. After a parent pays through the app, the funds are sent to your account. You should receive the funds within 1-3 business days of completing a job.
**Note: Payment for jobs will not show up immediately in Venmo or in your bank account. It will take 1-3 business days for the funds to appear in your Venmo or bank account. Unless you prefer to keep funds in your Venmo account, we recommend linking your bank account